.

Special Thanks to

Friday, July 2, 2010

Meet the Cast: Jenny Strassburg












JENNY STRASSBURG



When did you know you wanted to be an actor?

I was in 2nd grade and I played Roo in aelementary school production of Winnie the Pooh. I liked making the kids laugh...looking back I think I was not nearly as funny as I thought I was! And I also really liked the kangaroo costume....

How did you come to work on this production?

I auditioned and got the part! Thanks Eric!!

List three adjectives that describe your character.

Impish, Crafty, Passionate


How are you 18th century?

I love history and doing period pieces is absolutely my favorite thing to do as an actor. I'm from Charleston SC and my mother is from Norfolk, Virginia, not too far from Yorktown. I grew up surrounded by Revolutionary War history. I remember going to visit colonial Williamsburg as a kid and wanting to live there.

What about the 21st century could you not live without?

My iPhone.


What is your heritage?

I grew up in Charleston, SC. My ancestors are German and French---I'm related to Davy Crockett somehow on my mother's side.


If you could have lunch with an important historical figure, who would it be? Why?

Catherine Greene! I'd ask her for some pointers on being her!....and if she had any secrets...

What is your favorite part of the rehearsal process?

I love the collaboration that goes on between actors and the director. I like bouncing my ideas off of others and seeing if they agree with me! Most of all, I love taking a piece of text and opening it up, finding out what makes it tick.

If you could make any fictional character real, who would it be? Why?

I'd chose the character of Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice. She's feisty and always says the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment