.

Special Thanks to

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Meet the Cast: James Knight












Get to know the actors behind the Yorktown characters in the "Meet the Cast" series. Come back soon for more updates!

JAMES KNIGHT

When did you know you wanted to be an actor?

"In the third grade I played "the Man" in a production of Shel Silverstein's "The Giving Tree". After walking onstage, I immediately saw my parents sitting in the audience and was thrown into a spasm of uncontrollable laughter. The full auditorium started laughing with me and from that moment on, my fate was sealed."


How did you come to work on this production?

"My good friend Christine Marie Brown gave my name to the director."


List three adjectives that describe your character.

"Driven, Torn, Devoted"

How are you 18th century?

"I am trying to give myself a good foundation of classic texts and am currently reading Plato's 'Republic'. Next up Thomas Paine's, 'Common Sense'.


What about the 21st century could you not live without?

"I love my iPhone. Being able to answer almost any question, including "where am I going and how do I get there" has changed my life."


What is your heritage?

"German with a good mix of Scottish and Irish - although the direct patriarchal line of my family is English, hence my last name, 'Knight'."


If you could have lunch with an important historical figure, who would it be? Why?

"Thomas Jefferson. He is one of the most exciting thinkers of the Enlightenment - his ideas about freedom and religion are exciting and almost frighteningly relevant. He is also a true renaissance man, so I know there would be no lack of things to talk about.

First Runner-up: Mark Twain. Whip crack smart and hilarious. In fact, I'd love to sit at a table with Jefferson, Twain, and Lenny Bruce."


What is your favorite part of the rehearsal process?

"When the scripts come out of our hands and we can truly play with each other."


If you could make any fictional character real, who would it be? Why?

"Superman. I would feel a lot more comfortable if Superman were real. There are a lot of things to be scared about in the modern world. Superman would take care of that."

No comments:

Post a Comment